Make new discoveries, drive projects forward, accept responsibility: at H-BRS, we count on employees who do just that. Together with about 1,000 colleagues, we find new solutions to respond to the diverse challenges of our time. H-BRS, with its 9,500 students from more than 100 nations enrolled in 38 degree programmes, strives to become even better. Do you accept the challenge?
The Department of Computer Science, Campus Sankt Augustin, together with the Bonn-Aachen International Centre for Information Technology (b-it), is seeking to fill a fully tenured position for a
Professorship (W2) for Computer Science, with specialisation in Autonomous Systems (with focus on industry-relevant and application-oriented aspects)
The position is unlimited and has an expected start date of 01.03.2023.
teach courses in the bachelor's and master's programmes in Computer Science, Business Informatics and in particular in the
international Master's Programme in "Autonomous Systems"(MAS),
- conduct courses in the subject areas mentioned above,
- carry out interdisciplinary research with colleagues, to provide the intelligence needed for robot autonomy in dynamic, human-shared
- participate in technology transfer as well as establish and help to sustain national and international contacts,
- round off your activities by initiating, acquiring or managing research and development activities, including the acquisition of thirdparty
funding, especially in the fields of autonomous systems and robotics. The professorship offers excellent opportunities to
bring in your own interests and work them into the research and teaching activities of the university.
- you meet the employment requirements of §36 HG NRW, namely:
- a master’s degree or diploma in one of the fields of computer science, mathematics, robotics, physics, electrical engineering or
corresponding STEM subjects,
- proficiency in scientific working skills, usually a PhD in an engineering or natural science field with a technical reference to robotics, autonomous systems or artificial intelligence,
- at least five years of professional working experience, therefrom three years outside of higher education institutions,
- pedagogical and didactic skills in teaching complex learning content.
- very good knowledge of English, as well as the ability and willingness to teach in English,
- a scientific qualification in the field of scientific-technical fundamentals for industry-related robotics or service robotics including methods from e.g. system theory, control engineering, sensor data processing, human-robot interaction and collaboration, robot control architectures or artificial intelligence proven by relevant publications or patents,
- several years of professional work experience in industry or an industry-related research institution, relevant experience in the field of technology transfer or in the acquisition and implementation of third-party funded projects in the area of robotic research and development,
- a willingness to participate in activities within the university, as well as national and international committees,
- experience in the acquisition, establishement and implementation of internal and external funded research and development
- active participation in the further development and expansion of the MAS program.
In addition, the following criteria would be desirable:
- an exciting position within salary group W2 LBesG and the assumption of research and development tasks,
- focus on family with flexible working time models, working from home opportunity, childcare facilities and holiday courses,
further education and training opportunities for professional and personal development,
job ticket for the Cologne/Bonn region, as well as access to the library and canteen,
the Rhineland as an optimal university environment - characterised by unique location advantages such as the cathedral city of Cologne, cosmopolitan Bonn and the natural recreation areas of the Eifel, Siebengebirge and the Rhine valley.
We would like to see more female scientists at our university and are therefore particularly pleased to receive applications from
women. Applicants with children are very welcome. The H-BRS is a certified family-friendly university - and proud of it. People with
severe disabilities are part of our university. They are given preference in the application process when they have the same
For all kinds of questions regarding this position please contact Mr. Prof. Dr. Nico Hochgeschwender by e-mail
(firstname.lastname@example.org). In addition, our equal opportunities officer, Mrs. Dr. Barbarba Hillen, is also available by e-mail
(email@example.com) or by phone +49 2241 865 704.
Become part of the Bonn-Rhine-Sieg University of Applied Sciences (H-BRS) and apply now via our application portal latest until 12.12.2021.