Make new discoveries, drive projects forward, accept responsibility: at H-BRS, we count on employees who do just that. Together with about 1,000 colleagues, we find new solutions to respond to the diverse challenges of our time. H-BRS, with its 9,000 students from more than 100 nations enrolled in 40 degree programmes, strives to become even better. Do you accept the challenge?
The Department of Computer Science, Campus Sankt Augustin, together with the Bonn-Aachen International Centre for Information Technology (b-it) is seeking to fill a fully tenured position as a
Professor (W2) of Computer Science
with specialization in autonomous systems,
and focus on machine learning (d/m/f)
The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
teach courses in the Bachelor's and Master's programmes in Computer Science, Business Informatics and especially in the international Master's programme "Autonomous Systems".
- conduct courses in the subject areas of artificial intelligence, in particular machine learning or knowledge representation with application reference to autonomous systems
- carry out interdisciplinary research with colleagues, to provide the intelligence needed for robot autonomy in dynamic, human-shared environments. Safe operation as well as robustness, resilience, and finally diagnosis and certification of autonomous systems are among our main areas of focus.
- participate in technology transfer and establish and help to sustain national and international contacts.
- round off your activities by initiating, acquiring or managing research and development activities, including the acquisition of third-party funding, especially in the fields of autonomous systems and robotics. The professorship offers excellent opportunities to bring in your own interests and work them into the research and teaching activities of the university.
- meet the employment requirements pursuant to § 36 of the Hochschulgesetz NRW.
can provide evidence of relevant industrial experience in the relevant fields or, alternatively, a habilitation.
successfully teach courses in the department, in English or German.
- have extensive knowledge and experience in at least two of the following fields:
- data-driven knowledge acquisition and processing through e.g. learning by experimentation, transfer learning or learning via a curriculum
- knowledge representations, such as using description logics or ontologies
- knowledge engineering
- application of explainable / interpretable AI.Knowledge and experience in these subject areas must be demonstrated accordingly through participation in national and international projects, subject-related work and cooperation at national and international level, as well as through presentations at international conferences and publications in renowned journals.
- support our international and interdisciplinary cooperation with companies and organisations, as well as with other departments, universities, and scientific institutions.
- participate in the further development of our study programmes and innovative teaching methods and approaches, especially in the field of robotics and autonomous systems (e.g. e-assessments and online courses)
- actively participate in functions and committees at departmental or university level.
In addition, you should ideally have already gained teaching experience at universities, and have experience in raising third-party funds for research or development projects. Your willingness to develop our university and your department further and to move to the liveable Rhineland for this purpose distinguishes you.
We as an employer
- offer an exciting position with remuneration group W 2 LBesG and the assumption of research and development tasks.
- focus on family with flexible working time models, home office, childcare facilities and holiday courses.
provide further education and training opportunities for professional and personal development.
offer a job ticket for the Cologne/Bonn region, a library and canteen.
rely on the Rhineland as an optimal university environment - characterised by unique location advantages such as the cathedral city of Cologne, cosmopolitan Bonn and the natural recreation areas of the Eifel, Siebengebirge and the Rhine.
We would like to see more female scientists at our university and are therefore particularly pleased to receive applications from women. Applicants with children are very welcome. The H-BRS is a certified family-friendly university - and proud of it. People with severe disabilities are part of our university. We prefer them in the application process if they have the same qualifications.
For the professorship to be filled, please contact the Dean of the department, Prof. Dr. Heiden phone: +49 2241 865 200 or the Head of the Appointment Commission, Prof. Dr. Plöger phone: +49 2241 865 292. In addition, the Equal Opportunities Officer of H-BRS will also be happy to assist you on phone +49 2241 865 268 or e-mail email@example.com.
Become part of the Bonn-Rhine-Sieg University of Applied Sciences (H-BRS) and apply now via our application portal until 31.10.2020.