Make new discoveries, drive projects forward, accept responsibility: at Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Science (H-BRS), we depend on staff who do just this. In cooperation with around 1,000 colleagues, we develop new solutions to help find appropriate responses to the many challenges of our times. We do this to further improve the H-BRS with the 9,000 students from more than 100 countries who are currently enrolled in its 36 courses. Do you accept the challenge?
As of 01.02.2021, we require the following for our Department of Computer Science at the Sankt Augustin campus
Postdoctoral Position in Trustworthy Autonomous Robots
- conduct independent research in the domain of trustworthy autonomous robots, including but not limited to, dependability analysis, automated software engineering, testing and formal methods
- are responsible for the publication of research results in refereed journals and at conferences
- will supervise of students and doctoral candidates in the above mentioned areas
- partcipate in the preparation of project proposals and in project management tasks
- disseminate research results to industrial partners and standardization organisations
- hold a PhD degree or equivalent in Computer Science (Robotics, Software Engineering)
- have knowledge of model-driven development technologies, languages and tools (e.g. MPS, Eclipse etc.) and robot software frameworks and programming approaches (e.g. ROS, Orocos, etc.)
- have a good background of knowledge representation approaches (e.g. Ontologies, Knowledge Graphs) and machine learning techniques and associated tools
- are experienced in conducting experiments with advanced robotic systems
- also have a good background in dependability analysis techniques and methods (e.g. Attack trees, fault trees, FMEA, STAMP, etc.)
What we offer:
We as employers
- offer exciting, varied work in an innovative environment, full-time, remunerated according to your qualifications up to salary group 14 TV-L. We offer this position for your own scientific qualification with a contract period of up to 3 years. The respective contract period depends on your personal requirements and your qualification goal. This position is subject to final budget approval.
are family focused and offer flexible working hours, childcare facilities and holiday courses
- facilitate advanced training and continuing education for professional and personal development
- provide a job ticket for the Cologne/Bonn region, a library and a cafeteria
value the liveable Rhineland area as an optimum environment for higher education – distinguished by unique local advantages such as the cathedral city of Cologne, the cosmopolitan city of Bonn, and the unspoilt countryside in the Eifel, Siebengebirge and Rhine districts
We want to have more female academics at our university and are therefore especially pleased to receive applications from women. Applicants with children are warmly welcomed. H-BRS is certified family-friendly – and proud of it. People with severe disabilities are an integral part of our university. They are given preference in the application procedure provided they are equally well qualified.
If you have more specific questions, you are welcome to contact Prof. Dr. Nico Hochgeschwender on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become part of Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences (H-BRS) and use our online form to send us your application by 31.12.2020.