Make new discoveries, drive projects forward, accept responsibility: at Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Science (H-BRS), we depend on staff who do just this. In cooperation with around 1,000 colleagues, we develop new solutions to help find appropriate responses to the many challenges of our times. We do this to further improve the H-BRS with about 9,500 students from more than 100 countries who are currently enrolled in its 38 courses. Do you accept the challenge?
We require the following for our department of Applied Natural Sciences at the Rheinbach campus:
C.elegans expert (m/f/d)
- establish basic techniques and standard operation procedures for work with C. elegans, which is to be introduced into computer-based academic teaching
perform video recording and image analysis for C. elegans studies
- develop C. elegance experiments for courses in neurobiology, developmental biology, biochemistry and advanced medical microbiology
- coordinate several subprojects and supervise involved students
have a Master degree in the field of Natural Sciences or Computer Sciences or similar
are experienced in handling and cultivating C. elegans
are computer-literate and have experience with microscopy/video recording, including the application of Image J or similar software
are fluent in English and able to prepare standard operation procedures independently
- are interested in academic teaching and experience in molecular biology methods would be an asset
What we offer:
We as employers
- offer exciting, varied work in an innovative environment, part-time (19,92 hours) remunerated according to your qualifications up to salary group 13 TV-L and of fixed duration until 31.12.2022
are family focused and offer flexible working hours, childcare facilities and holiday courses
- facilitate advanced training and continuing education for professional and personal development
- provide a job ticket for the Cologne/Bonn region, a library and a cafeteria
value the liveable Rhineland area as an optimum environment for higher education – distinguished by unique local advantages such as the cathedral city of Cologne, the cosmopolitan city of Bonn, and the unspoilt countryside in the Eifel, Siebengebirge and Rhine districts
We want to have more female academics at our university and are therefore especially pleased to receive applications from women. Applicants with children are warmly welcomed. H-BRS is certified family-friendly – and proud of it. People with severe disabilities are an integral part of our university. They are given preference in the application procedure provided they are equally well qualified.
If you have more specific questions, you are welcome to contact Prof. Dr. Jörn Oliver Sass on +49 2241 865 9668 or email@example.com.
Become part of Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences (H-BRS) and use our online form to send us your application by 01.08.2021 (reference 58/21).